As many of you will know and realise 2020 was an unusual one and like with many other plans it has set back our progress. So, over the coming months, we would like to bring everyone up to date. And would of course love to hear from you in return.
Your core NDP (Neighbourhood Development plan) team has grown, see updated team page, and we are very much looking forward to life returning to some sort of normality soon, so we can finish our parish plan this year.
We meet every two weeks, currently due to Covid restrictions this is on Zoom and look forward to these restrictions being lifted later in the year, so we can go back to meeting in the pub!
Many may still wonder why we need an NDP, well the key benefits are.
- It gives us, the residents of Sutton Benger and Draycot Cerne more say and control over our community.
- It can protect areas from types of change.
- It can include policies to influence new building design or alterations to existing buildings.
- It can protect or propose the creation of open spaces (Green spaces, Nature reserves/wildlife corridors, allotments, sports pitches, play areas, parks and gardens, and important historic assets)
- It enables the local community to retain more of the money collected from development, to spend on local projects.
- It enables us to ensure we protect the things we value the most.
- It enables to manage change effectively and ensure they benefit our community.
It is worth remembering that an NDP takes (on average) 300 hours to produce over a minimum of 3 years. It is a massive task and cannot be underestimated. We cannot do it alone, so at times we will ask for your input and may also need extra help, so do look out for our updates and posters. We are making this commitment for all and look forward to your support.
Thanks for reading this and look forward to a healthy and successful 2021 for all.
SB NDP Group